KiwiSDR HF receiver kit
KiwiSDR is a software-defined radio (SDR) covering shortwave, the long-wave & AM broadcast bands, various utility stations, and amateur radio transmissions, world-wide, in the spectrum from 10 kHz to 30 MHz. The KiwiSDR is a custom circuit board (cape) you connect to the BeagleBone Green or BeagleBone Black computer. You simply add an antenna, power supply and network connection. Software supplied on a micro-SD card.
An HTML5-capable browser and internet connection will let you listen to a public KiwiSDR anywhere in the world. Up to four people can listen simultaneously to one radio — each listener tunes independently.
Try it out now! Listen to KiwiSDR registered on the sdr.hu website.
- 100% Open Source / Open Hardware.
- Browser-based interface allowing four simultaneous user web connections.
- Each connection tunes an independent receiver channel over the entire spectrum.
- Waterfall tunes independently of audio and includes zooming and panning.
- Multi-channel, parallel DDC design using bit-width optimized CIC filters.
- Good performance at VLF/LF since we personally spend time monitoring those frequencies.
- Automatic frequency calibration via received GPS timing.
- Easy hardware and software setup. Browser-based configuration interface.
- Extension interface for adding decoders and utilities.
- SDR covers the 10 kHz to 30 MHz (VLF-HF) spectrum.
- Web interface based on OpenWebRX from András Retzler, HA7ILM.
- Demodulation modes: AM, AMN, LSB, USB, CW, CWN, NBFM.
- Extensions at present: WSPR viewer/decoder, IQ display, Loran-C viewer.
- RF antenna connector: SMA and terminal block.
- Integrated software-defined GPS receiver from Andrew Holme's Homemade GPS Receiver.
- GPS receives the Navstar system on L1 frequency 1575.42 MHz.
- GPS antenna connector: SMA, 3.3V powered for active antennas.
- Voltage: +5V DC, 2.1mm jack, center pin positive.
- Current: 1.5A including Beagle, KiwiSDR powers Beagle through header connectors.
- Dimensions: KiwiSDR PCB 117mm * 55mm, SMA connectors additional.
- 1 x KiwiSDR Board
- 1 x Beaglebone Green
- 1 x Unassembled enclosure
- 1 x Skyworks SE4150L GPS front-end antenna
- 1 x Micro-SD Card