With the optional remote control kit, RMK-2 and separation cable, the front panel of the radio can be detached from the main unit. It allows you flexible installation even in limited installation space. Separation cable length is selectable from 1.9, 3.0 and 8.0m.
Using a high contrast LCD, the IC-F1721/F1821 series shows operating channels, tone and other settings clearly under nearly any lighting conditions. With a dot matrix display, upper and lower case characters can be easily distinguished. In addition, you can change the display setting to show one line and 12 characters, or two lines and 24 characters via programming.
The new heavy-duty hand microphone, HM-148, uses a dynamic design that is made to handle punishment. The oversized dimensions allow for easy use with gloves on. And the curl cord can be easily replaced by simply opening the case–easy maintenance for long term use.
With heavy-duty construction, the IC-F1721/F1821 series is built to last. The
IC-F1721/D incorporates a 4W speaker in an impact resistant polycarbonate front panel for crisp clear audio, and the IC-F1821/D has a backlit 10-keypad for extended operation. The 10-keypad version is supplied with an external speaker.
Use the built-in CTCSS, DTCS, 2-Tone, 5-Tone or BIIS capability to set up your own talk groups, and have your radio standby quietly when other groups are talking. You can also set up selective calls to individuals or control a repeater.
Encode or decode up to 10 2-Tone, 8 5-Tone codes on a single memory channel. This is perfect for professionals who require multiple district paging on one channel. When a matched tone is received, the following items are programmable for each code.
|• Bell icon
||• Answer back
|• Beep sound
||• Auto transmit
|• External out
Up to 256 memory channels can be divided into 32 memory zones, and allows you quick access to the intended channel.
The tactical group function allows you to copy memory channels into a new memory zone (using Zone 32) without using PC programming. This function allows you to construct a temporary work group on site for working with inter organization groups, such as in case of a large scale disaster.
The IC-F1721/F1821 series includes a built-in inversion type voice scrambler in all models. When a more secure system is required, the optional voice scrambler unit UT-109 or UT-110 is available. * These voice scrambler functions are not available in digital mode.
The radio stun/kill functions disable a lost or stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners. The power-on password prevents unauthorized people turning on the radio.
The following selective calling and data message features are available with the BIIS functions.
* BIIS system is not programmable simultaneously with digital mode
- Receive up to 95-characters of free text
- 8 SDM transmit memories (12-characters each)
- 24-status messages
- Own ID and 7 Group IDs registration
- Digital ANI (Automatic Number Identification)
- Max. 6 received SDM and message history and max. 3 received call history capability
- Position data transmission with a GPS receiver
- Microphone hanger action programmable (Scan, monitor, priority channel)
- Optional OPC-617 D-SUB 9 pin connector for dimmer control, modem connection
- D-SUB 25 pin connector for future PC connection
- Built-in audio compander (Analog mode only)
- Wide frequency coverage (136–174MHz)
- LTR® Trunking system capability with the optional UT-111 installed.
- PC programming capability
- 7 group IDs
- 24-status Messages
- Send 8-character SDM (Short Data Message)
- Receive up to 95 characters of free text